Maintenance of Drains
Preventative drain maintenance is a cost effective way to ensure your drains, toilets, urinals, grease traps, interceptors and pump stations stay as clean and as fully operational as possible. It helps to avoid blockages that can result in damage to property and stock, risk from flooding, the costly expenditure and of course the obvious inconveniences causing a disruption to your day.
Leicester Drain Unblocking provide a bespoke preventative drain maintenance schedule to protect your work place or property from unnecessary damage, expenditure and disruption.
Preventing a Leicester blocked drain scenario before it occurs can save you a lot of time and money, not to mention any damage that can be caused to your home by a toilet back up or flooding. There are a number of services that can be carried out to your property such as CCTV surveys, which can investigate your drainage system and pinpoint any areas that could cause problems in the future.
There are also a number of thing’s that can be done at home which can significantly help reduce a blockage, such as ensuring you have disposed of all food waste in the bin and not flushing any other material than toilet roll. These simple things only take seconds to do and can stop you from needing to call out a professional in the middle of the night when you are faced with an inconvenience.
- Scrape all food waste into the bin before washing dirty plates
- Pour boiling water down the sink if any fatty substances such as oil and grease have been washed down
- Keep your garden tidy and make sure any leaves/debris are kept away from drains
- Purchase a shower hair trap to stop any hair from clogging the drain
- Dispose of nappies, cotton buds, wet wipes etc in the bin- do not flush